View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #19
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: "The Power of Prayer"

Great question! This has probably sorta been answered already (sorry had to skim through all the responses for time purposes, plus the time it's taken to write this response) - years ago I heard what I considered to be the best explanation of prayer, specifically the idea that whatever you pray for in Jesus' name will be done - prayer is not so much to get God to do what we want, it's to get us to want what God does. The closer we align ourselves with God, the more we will want what is His best purpose.

Granted it's a tricky thing that's not easily understood, but that's where I stand on the concept :-)
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta