Thread: Credit
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #13
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material
Default Re: Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
I think that all of the "fix your credit" companies work for the credit card companies.
I have known people who have used them. Turns out they hurt your credit more than if you don't use them at all. Kind of like the same sentence as bankruptcy.

As one who went through it before (Got stung back in 2002), I can tell you that time is the best option. If you can afford to pay some of these off over time I highly recommend it as it shortens the duration, but my best advice is to keep an eye on your credit report, if you pay something off make sure they drop off the report. Things like liens tend to hang around even after you have paid them off. After a while get a low limit credit card, even if you have to pay a yearly fee and pay that payment on time every time. It usually takes a couple before you are getting better.

Car loans are really easy these days. If you need a car, get one if you can afford it & pay the payments on time every time & even try to pay off the loan early. This will definitely help your standing.
snruter amabon is offline   Reply With Quote