View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Anyone sell Health Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I know you are not a fan but have you tried the ACA website to see what rate you can get there?

I don't sling insurance but I'm a Regional VP for a BPO company that helps small to midsize businesses outsource non-core functions (HR, benefits, 401K, Workplace Saftey, etc) therefore I've had extensive training on insurance and the Affordable Care Act.

The individual market is governed by the same set of rules as the excahnges so unless you are eligible for a subsidy then I would just look for an individual policy outside of the exchange.

The issue you may encounter is that most carriers are going to have similar rates based off of your age band. Identical policies can only have a 3:1 ratio for old/sick people to young/healthy people. In theory, your is rate is what it is despite carrier.

Please come back and let us know if are able to procure different rates from different carriers.

Last edited by gamecockphan; 03-07-2014 at 11:27 AM.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote