View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: Anyone sell Health Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I don't sling insurance but I'm a Regional VP for a BPO company that helps small to midsize businesses outsource non-core functions (HR, benefits, 401K, Workplace Saftey, etc) therefore I've had extensive training on insurance and the Affordable Care Act.

The individual market is governed by the same set of rules as the excahnges so unless you are eligible for a subsidy then I would just look for an individual policy outside of the exchange.

The issue you may encounter is that most carriers are going to have similar rates based off of your age band. Identical policies can only have a 3:1 ratio for old/sick people to young/healthy people. In theory, your is rate is what it is despite carrier.

Please come back and let us know if are able to procure different rates from different carriers.
Great info....thanks! And I didn't qualify for any tax subsidies for the ACA.

I'm going to email/call a couple different companies and see what their rates are.

I'm currently paying $650 a month for just me. My kids are on their mom's insurance. I think that is ridiculous. I'm 47.