View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPit
Default Re: After Brenton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Who exactly are you referring to? Thornwell sure has lived up to the hype.
Thornwell has been great. Had to take over the point and still be 2nd leading scorer (and it seems to me he's taken leadership of the team) as a freshman. Our inside shooting, however, has not been up to par.

In conference play, USC is shooting 37%+ from 3 pont range and under 41% for all shots. Our league opponents are 35%+ from 3 and 45%+ on all shots. So we have shot better than average from 3 but less than average overall.

Have been to all but 2 home games this year and don't know our our under 5 feet % is, but whatever it is it's "turrible" to say the least. In one game we lost (Manhattan, I think) we missed 10+ layups in the second half alone.

In conference games, if we had averaged the league overall shooting % we would have made 45 more shots... 90 points if they were all 2 pointers. (though we would have less offensive rebounds so wouldn't have had quite 45 more shots). 90 points spread out over the season could have turned a few of those close losses around.

I believe if we had been able to shoot just the average league % on layups/close to the basket we would have ended up with an overall record @ .500. Three close losses changed to three close wins turns 13-19 into 16-16... and many of us would be talking about the team's improvement.
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote