View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default My wife and I are no longer failing in one part of parenthood.

Our son is 8 years old. My wife and I have failed at being good parents in one area for a long time, until today. While I know he's not perfect at it yet and will surely need some reminders, we finally taught our son how to tie his shoes today, with a little help from YouTube.

Here's the video we found:

The method is almost completely different from the way I do it, but there are fewer steps, so it was a little easier to teach. It took my wife and I several times to make sure we could do it the way the video shows, but after several frustrating attempts, my son could finally do it too.

I'm so proud of him, but I'm also embarrassed we didn't accomplish this a few years ago. Instead, we took the easy way out and kept buying him shoes that didn't have laces. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was shoe shopping yesterday. All the shoes that look the best have laces. My wife and I just decided it has to happen sooner or later, so we may as well do it now. Today's accomplishment was the result of that decision.

Next up, getting the training wheels off his bike!