Thread: Prayer request
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Prayer request

Well I have had a horrible afternoon. I came home from grocery store and somehow my dog got out unbeknownst to me...I get a call from my across the street neighbor that my dog was in her backyard in extreme pain. I run over there (he visits there often as he loves their dog) and he is yelping like I have never seen him yelp before. It was obvious that he was injured and could not put any weight on his right front leg. He is an eighty pound golden retriever so moving him was difficult but I finally get him into the car and go to emergency vet. I could not tell if he had separated his shoulder or fractured his leg. After X-ray, it turns out he has complete fracture of humerus (upper leg bone). But when they looked at X-ray, they are concerned that the fracture was potentially due to bone cancer as the bone looks different. They have stabilized the poor guy for the night, but tomorrow we meet with the local orthopedic surgeon to see if he thinks the legs can be salvaged through surgery if there is no cancer there...we are hopeful as no metastasis was seen in lung films. The emergency vet said that we should consider amputation if there is any chance of cancer.

I just feel awful because he got out when I opened the door. I know that there are many true tragedies in the world but if you can, say a little prayer for my dog that we can get him comfortable and healthy, whatever the treatment may be...he is a great dog and friendly to anyone he has ever met and just loves life. He always is there to greet you at the door when you come home and will curl up with you when you are sick...I just wish I was there for him
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote