View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Changes Coming for Leadership of the Carolina Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
So, I am unfamiliar with Colorado St.'s band, are they better than ours or something? (Referring to the promotion) Or is Director of Bands a better position than Athletic Bands?
This is the equivalent of Gus Malzahn leaving Auburn when he was offensive coordinator to take the head coaching job at Arkansas State or wherever he went a few years ago. You take a step down on the program prestige ladder to take take a step up in the job title ladder. Happy for Dr. Phillips, but after having played in her concert ensemble for several semesters and watching the marching band improve so much after she took it over, I'm very sad to see her leaving USC. I remember my freshman year I was in marching band with Brozak and concert band with Dr. Phillips. Even back then (4 years before she took over i believe) I said if they ever handed her the reigns to the marching band it would improve drastically. She really is a fantastic director.