Thread: Dragon Age sale
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

CockyCash: 200
NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dragon Age sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I'm about to get into DA 2 after I beat DA:O/A What is some of the shortcomings of DA 2?
I had a few issues with it, the first being that character customization is very limited. If you don't use the default "Hawke" face, you'll end up with a character that is graphically inferior to all the other ones you run across. Also, all the classes from DA:O have been nerfed down to bare bones. For example, I had a Warrior in DA:O with high DEX and dual wielded swords. That isn't possible in DA2, as only rogues can dual wield, and only daggers, and the DEX stat does almost nothing for a Warrior beyond raise critical hit damage. Also, the player character is the only one that can change armors, for some stupid reason. The rest of your party keeps the same armor that can be "upgraded".

Also, the environments are extremely limited. A majority of the game takes place in one city, and when you do go outside of it, a lot of the backgrounds and enemies are overused to an insane degree.

Basically, DA2 feels like a quick cash-in on the success of DA:O. Bioware mostly just copied and pasted stuff from DA:O and recorded voice work, and called it a day. You'll see almost nothing new or substantive, they really dumbed down the combat too. I completed the entire game on Hard difficulty by highlighting the party and right clicking enemies until they all died.
NotKyle is offline   Reply With Quote