View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #11
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Director of Athletic Bands leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Bring someone fun for the fans in.

Like Ohio States band people....I don't groan when the band comes out....I'm actually interested in seeing what they do.

No sense in playing pop songs on brass...I can do that and I haven't played my trumpet in years.
Is Michael Jackson not considered pop? I thought he was like...the king of pop or something.

Does movie music count as pop music or no? When I play symphony gigs that would be the type of thing on a "pops" concert so I'm just not sure what your definition of pop is here.

At any rate it's not like you're forced to sit there and keep quiet or something, so there's not to groan about. I didn't manage to go to any games last season but my experience with the band is that there's generally a pretty good variety in types of musical selections from show to show. They can't pick music that will make everyone in the stadium happy every week.