View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Which tablet should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 and love it. The split screen functionality, the built-in stylus, and the office suite software were what sold me.

The only thing I'd complain about is the lack of good cases for it. Maybe I just haven't looked around enough. I'd also consider thinking again about the screen sizes. Small differences in size aren't going to make that big a difference in your viewing experience but may make a large difference in the weight and ease of handling the device. For instance, I've been at the airport trying to watch a video on my tablet while drinking a coffee; without a table around to put the device down on, the extra weight can start to wear on you after awhile. If I had the choice to do over again, I'd have gone for a smaller size screen. Those smaller size screens also feel better to me when trying to read ebooks on them.
I have to agree with you about the size. The big iPad is just not suited to hold. Great on a desk or counter though. My 7" is good enough for most uses but I find that the Kindle 8.9" really hits the sweet spot. Big enough to watch a flick on but not so big that it is difficult to hold.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote