Thread: Dragon Age sale
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dragon Age sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotKyle View Post
I had a few issues with it, the first being that character customization is very limited. If you don't use the default "Hawke" face, you'll end up with a character that is graphically inferior to all the other ones you run across. Also, all the classes from DA:O have been nerfed down to bare bones. For example, I had a Warrior in DA:O with high DEX and dual wielded swords. That isn't possible in DA2, as only rogues can dual wield, and only daggers, and the DEX stat does almost nothing for a Warrior beyond raise critical hit damage. Also, the player character is the only one that can change armors, for some stupid reason. The rest of your party keeps the same armor that can be "upgraded".

Also, the environments are extremely limited. A majority of the game takes place in one city, and when you do go outside of it, a lot of the backgrounds and enemies are overused to an insane degree.

Basically, DA2 feels like a quick cash-in on the success of DA:O. Bioware mostly just copied and pasted stuff from DA:O and recorded voice work, and called it a day. You'll see almost nothing new or substantive, they really dumbed down the combat too. I completed the entire game on Hard difficulty by highlighting the party and right clicking enemies until they all died.
Also read an article about the shortcomings, it seems the decisions you make don't really impact the outcome at all. Hopefully Inquisition can right the ship.

Edit think it might of had something to do with EA buying them out? I think DA Origins was created before Bioware was bought by EA. I've noticed Bioware has lost some of it's edge since the buyout, and wondering if it's pressure from the EA to release games that will appeal to a bigger audience? Kind of like the way Square has gone with it's lackluster games.

Edit 2
Game was released while they merged with EA, but it's possible that development started before they were bought out though.

Last edited by rioninusc; 03-19-2014 at 02:17 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote