View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Social Media etiquette discussion time

Interesting topic. I think there will be a wide variety of answers/opinions.

I agree that flirting with or hitting on someone via Facebook is weak. In my opinion, that always comes across as creepy and pervey. As for actually asking someone out, I think it's best to do it in person or at least over the phone. If you had no way of contacting them except for Facebook, then there's nothing wrong with that. I would at least send them a private message instead of posting it to their wall because I wouldn't want the whole world knowing my intentions and the possible embarrassment if she declined. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I could ever develop a crush on someone where Facebook was our only option for communication. Doesn't seem like you could get to know them well enough to want to ask them out.

All that said, I did, back in the day, ask a girl out via AOL IM. We were out on Christmas break, didn't have cell phones and I didn't know her home number. I had been drinking at a NYE party (wasn't drunk, but inebriated enough to do this) and started chatting with her after I got home. I decided it would be a good idea to tell her I had a crush on her and asked her out on a date for when we got back to Carolina. She politely declined, things got awkward, and our friendship drifted apart. Luckily enough for me I met the woman that would eventually become my wife about 3 weeks later. And, yes, I did ask her out in person.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote