View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier, Thompson on same page.... ESPN article

1) I hope Dylan is the type to not let Spurrier's comments go to his head and get complacent in his efforts to improve and hone his game. This season will be his one and only shot to prove what kind of a QB he can be - there are no "do-overs" for him. He's been around Shaw enough to have learned from his efforts and work ethic, and hopefully will try his best to even surpass those...

2) I also hope both Brendan and Connor don't take Spurrier's comments as meaning that they have no shot to still substantially contribute to the team this season. We've all learned over the past 2-3 seasons that it's never etched in granite that the QB at the start of the season will be the QB at the end. With all the injuries and poor performances, the back-ups really are a breath away from taking the field in critical junctures of games, and Brendan and Connor need to prepare as best they can so that they're ready to step in and perform if called upon. I still expect to see both take substantial snaps this season, even if they don't start....