View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #12
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Clowney feel's it is a "spit in the face" to question his effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
C'mon....he took plays off. That said....I don't think it is especially bad. I think alot of players do it.
I disagree with that to an extent. His first 2 steps were quick on 99% of plays he was in. He may have slowed down or stopped chasing from the back side on too many plays but EVERY player would do the same thing if 70 of the 80 plays in a game were run away from your side or a quick pass designed to keep you from making a play. Put any other player in the country in his position and the result would be the same.

Maybe he was a little out of shape to start the season and had a big head from all the talk in the off-season but to say he took plays off is not completely accurate IMO.

It should be a spit in the face and I hope he is using it all to fuel his fire and work harder to be the rookie that gets 15+ sacks in his first year.