View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5578670
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Does extreme couponing actually work??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Just wondering. I have used one every now and then when I went to the Supermarket. I can't remember which store it was, but it had automatic coupon dispensers all over the store. Of course if I needed something like breakfast cereal and there was a General Mills coupon dispenser, I'd grab it just to get 75 cents off a $4.00 box of cereal.

Anyways, I have heard about it and seen the shows and wonder what you guys think?
What they don't tell you is that while they technically got $300 of groceries for $5 at the store, they had to buy $400 worth of Sunday papers to get the coupons. Not really, but I don't think the deal is quite as good as they make it out and a lot of it depends on where you live and if stores have douple or triple coupon days. There is a lot of work finding all of the deals, so you need to figure opportunity cost in there too. For me, it's not worth wasting 4-5 hours of my weekend to save a hundered bucks, I'd rather have the 4-5 hours of time to do other things.