View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Column missed its mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I agree HC coaches salaries are out of control but Dabo is correct, too. Man that hurt to say. All these people complaining about these athletes and not getting "their share of the pie" is BS and devalues education. Education is one of the biggest factors in quality of life and earning power.

Chris Spilleman had the only way I'd be ok with players being paid. They'd get stipends placed in a savings account and they'd only get it after they graduate. It would entice players to go to class and finish their degree. Too many of these players leave early and after not making it in the NFL, they never go back and complete their degree.

This report like so many keep ignoring that football and basketball pay for the entire budget so there isn't that much excess of money and that all athletes would need to be paid equally.
I think this is the best idea for a stipend but I think very strict rules should be added around it. You leave early you lose it, you get arrested you lose it, you skip class you lose it, you test positive for any drugs you lose it, you don't finish your degree you lose it. This might sound harsh but student athletes should be held to a higher standard since they are representing the university.