View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs
Default Re: Nice MD28 article

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Sands/Elliott/Spurrier divvy up the carries between Davis/Wilds/Carson/Williams. I believe Coach Sands said that they worked Mike too hard last year.

Also, without a threat to keep the ball on the zone read plays, what happens when Mike is the focus? I'd be somewhat surprised if the "read" is still part of the playbook this year because Thompson/Mitch/Orth aren't threats to keep it every time. Probably going to go back to predominately inside zone and designed QB keeps like we did with Garcia.

Either the passing game is really going to have to be efficient most games to open up the run or the offensive line is going to have to make something happen against 8 man fronts.

Running game & balance offensively is definitely a big key this year.
The past few years we've based everything off of setting up the read and all that, but only ran the read itself only a few times a game, Mangus still likes THompson's speed and has talked about trying to convince Mitch that he's as fast as he is. You won't see QB draws, but every indication from the coaches says we aren't scrapping the read. Everyone is talking about moving to pocket passers, but whenever our coaches talk about who we get they talk about how much they like in both their running and throwing. None of our guys will break off 60 yard runs, but out offense doesn't call them to. I mean hell, we've ran Thompson plenty in his career, and he's done well with it.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote