View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nice MD28 article

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
A lot of Thompson's carries have been in the redzone though which ultimately is what counts. However I think its going to be interesting watching the run game/scheme between the 20's. Given what we THINK our offensive line is going to be capable of and the personnel we do have, maybe we mix in more sprint draw and more power runs from traditional undercenter sets. I just don't see the zone plays being as effective as they were with Connor. Going to have to get a little more creative I think.

Even with a healthy Connor, the run game stalled out against Clemson and Wisky for whatever reason unless it was Connor making a play.
I agree. Defenses are going to focus on stopping Mike D. I'd expect to see some of the types of running plays from the Mitchell era and some of the Garcia eta brought back.

I think the drives where spurrier really wants to burn some clock he will bring in Cooper to run the zone read.