View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0
Default I might need a new place to live

So a little back story. Back in 2005, I sprained my right ankle really bad. It left me laid up in bed and collecting worker's compensation for a couple of months. (It actually still hurts from time to time.) Then a few years later, I broke my left ankle which required surgery to fix. It now has a plate and six screws in it holding things together.

So I decided to have a little fun with it today, and posted this on FB:

My wife took the bait, and called me. I allowed the phone to go to voicemail. I checked the voicemail to be treated to her flipping out over me breaking my ankle on the other end.

So I waited a bit and began a chain of text messages to her:

Me: Can you come to Columbia to get me?
Her: Yes. What in the hell happened?
Me: Twisted it while moving some equipment
Her: Call if you can

(ten minute pause)

Me: I'm at the Doctor's Care on Beltline.
Me: Waiting on the X-Rays to come back now.
Her: I can see if Shelley will let me get off early.
Me: We still have my old crutches?
Her: Yes.
Me: Good. Bring those.
Me: They have some plastic set here.
Her: How are we getting both cars home?
Her: Maybe Marla could ride with me and drive mine back.
***Marla is the babysitter***
Me: Damn good question
Me: Yeah I suppose that could work
Me: Let me know when you're ready to leave in case the guys here have to take me back to the shop to wait.
Her: OK. I've got to finish counting my drawer and call Marla.
Me: Yeah and then you have to get your ass back to work since I'm just messing with ya.

***Five minute pause***

Her: OMFG!

I get a call immediately to hear her on the other end screaming at me about how she was just about to walk out the door to come get me.

Marla responds on Facebook:
"Your wife is pissed. I think your foot might look like that for real when she's done with you. She called me and we were all set to drive up to Columbia and get your car. Then ten minutes later she called me saying never mind, I'm gonna kill him, etc."

So anyways I might be in the market for a room to rent for a little while.