Thread: DVR HDD Failure
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Sircock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Sircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talonsSircock has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: DVR HDD Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Anyone ever had one of these? HBO was doing a free preview weekend for the new season of Game of Thrones. I missed season three so I was trying to record it during their marathon. I guess sometime throughout the night on Friday my HDD screwed up and we got the HDD failure message. We tried all the suggested steps and nothing worked.

Long story short, I ended up having to call DISH and they can't get a new DVR to me until Friday. I had to take the box out of the bedroom to put in the living room for the meantime. Now I am only left with my ROKU and SmartTV apps in the bedroom. Thankfully DISH got WatchESPN so I can use that on the ROKU.

It just sucks that I lost all my tv shows on my DVR once again. I accidentally erased everything a few months ago.
Hate to hear that. I dropped Time Warner cable a few months back and believe it or not I haven't missed anything that I wanted to watch. No more dvr's for me as I watch everything online via Chromecast or Roku. I used my brothers ESPN login to watch on the Roku. My monthly cable/internet bill went from $139.00 per month down to $50.00. I watch a good bit of the baseball games online and stream to google chrome via chromecast.