Thread: The Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Golf Thread

Good timing for starting this thread with the Masters starting!

I always enjoyed golf as a kid, but I only played maybe five to ten times, so I never really learned what in the world I was doing. I was lucky enough to go to the Masters last year and I started getting into golf from there. Golfing is tough in Chicago, but I'm lucky that the park district tries to keep it alive in the city, including the Diversey driving range just a few blocks from my home.

I have some hand me down clubs and equipement, but before I go invest in better clubs and get them fitted, I need to actually learn how to swing properly. There's a GolfTec facility not a block away from me (indoor only, pretty small facility but it's in the city so what can you expect?). I have been thinking of signing up for lessons there. Any advice on what to look for when selecting someone to teach you?

Also, considering there's really only 1 course in the city itself and I don't have a car, I'm pretty excited that this would be my home course (even if it is just a par 36). Pretty great views for a city course:

(In case you're ever in the city and have time to golf: http://www.cpdgolf.com/Sydney-R-Maro...lf-Course.html)
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote