View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default What should I do

Okay, I am basically a broker in the printing/graphic arts industry. I deal with the distributors, and dropship products to printshops all over the country.

Here is my situation. I dropshipped some film to a customer. It was a rather large order (about $1800), and the distributor shipped it directly to my customer. They charged my credit card for the order(as usual). Well, the customer calls me a week later, saying "they never got the material"... well, after some investigation, UPS has admitted they screwed up, and damaged the goods. Well, I called my distributor, and they told me "they are working with UPS to clear up the matter"... Here is my thing, shouldn't they go ahead and credit my card back now, since this was a UPS screw-up, and the material going to my customer is ruined? Should I go ahead and dispute the charge with my credit card company?? I am asking this because this distributor has a history of taking FOREVER to take care of problems... and I really would not rather have to pay an additional $1800 in 3 weeks.

Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!