View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chicago ND fan/SEC book idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Hey All,

I'm a die hard Notre Dame fan and a 28 y/o teacher from Chicago (hope you don't hold that against me). I'm going to take next year off teaching and tour the SEC with the intention of writing a book about fan culture and identity and what it's like being a college football fan in the SEC.

I'm hoping to get to know some of you and get to know what makes you tick, what you love, what frustrates you, etc about South Carolina football. The plan is to be down there for the Tennessee game November 1st, get there a couple days early, check out campus, meet fans, check the tailgate and game.

Hope you don't mind me picking your brains. For starters, whats it like having a legendary coach at the helm? Whats the impression of head ball coach? What's it been like over the past few years having program changing players like Clowney, Lattimore, and to some extent Jeffrey (as I Bears fan, I was soooo happy when we drafted that guy)? Where do you see the program headed and what needs to happen for you to get over the last hump and win a National Championship?

Thanks in advance for welcoming me to the board and feel free to ask any questions you have about ND football (if you have any. I think I'm a pretty level-headed fan and I get that I'm part of a largely elitist fan base that hasn't deserved national attention for the better part of 20 years since Holtz left)

Jim
I think in your travels to experience the SEC, you'll find how important football is in the South. It's not a game, it's a way of life.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote