View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material
Default Re: What Concert would you have most like to have seen

It was 71, sorry I missed it by a year

Quote:
Forty years ago, Jethro Tull played an apocalyptic show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre amid tear gas, unruly crowds, hurled rocks, violent police officers and a swooping police helicopter.

It was to be the end of rock 'n' roll at Red Rocks forever. And for the five years after the concert, there was no rock music at the legendary mountain amphitheater.

"It was an overreaction by the police at the time, who had helicopters in the air," Tull frontman Ian Anderson said recently from his office in southwest England. "We charged through police roadblocks, and I ran straight onto the stage and talked to the audience. (The police) knew there would be a full-scale riot if they arrested me."

Anderson laughs about it now, calling it "a Top 10 strange/weird moment" while discussing his band's Red Rocks date, scheduled for Wednesday, only two days shy of that fateful show's 40th anniversary.

It's fitting that Tull is playing Red Rocks on this tour, also the 40th anniversary of the record they were touring then, "Aqualung."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_18194571