View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Can Tennessee get to a Bowl Game in 2014?

Help me out Gamecock friends. Where should I set my expectations for this fall? Our spring practice looked to establish a lot of new firepower for our offense. Marquez North looks like he is going to be a monster and newcomers Josh Malone and Von Pearson look to be the real deal (Malone had 3 TD's in the spring game). Add them to Jason Croom and the rest of our WR's and we should have a great group there.

Jalen Hurd and Marlin Lane look to be able to handle the ground game and our two freshen top rated TE's came in ready to play. The Oline has the talent to be good but has hardly any experience and no cohesion as a unit yet. it hink we will be better here than many would expect.

The big Q on O is QB. Worely, Ferguson and Dobbs all still look to have a shot at the job. Worely doesn't make mistakes, has improved his accuracy and arm strength, but obviously still has his limitations. Ferguson is Bray Jr. tons of talent but makes the bonehead throw way too often. Dobbs is steady and improving and has a great running threat.

Our Dline looks to be the biggest concern on the team. Not a ton of depth here of talent and we look like we will have to rely on some freshman coming in this summer. This scares me.

LB unit looks very good and secondary should be improved, but not amazing by any means. Overall I think our D improves but not by a huge amount.

So if you are still with me can TN win 6 games this fall?

Utah St - Could lose which would be terrible, but if we come ready to play at home should be a W

Ark St - Same as above but should be a W

@Oklahoma - Why are we doing this to ourselves right now? Big L

BYE

@UGA - We seem to always play them close but don't see us stopping Gurley. 10 Pt L.

UF - One of the biggest games of the season, true toss up and will depend on if Bama destroys UF the week before our game and has them reeling or not. Toss Up

Chattanooga - Thank God an easy one W

@Ole Miss - Actually forgot about this game. Not sure what to expect here. But since it is on the road I will say close L.

Bama - That was short lived Big L

@USC - Payback should likely be in the minds of SC. Should be competitive for a while then SC blows it open in the 2nd half 14pt L

Bye

Missouri - Bye comes at a good time as this is our second big toss up game. Missouri lost 15 starters and I am not expecting a lot of them this year. This game is at home and we will be coming off a bye with a bowl game still in play. Can we pull it out? Toss Up

Kentucky - Should be able to win this one at home with a bowl game hopefully still in sight if we could have won one of UF or Missouri W

@Vandy - I believe Vandy takes a big tumble this year. This being on the road isn't a problem either as we always put about 60% of the stadium in Orange. We will have improved a lot over the year with our young talent playing. I give us the W

So by my estimations we have 5 W's and 5 L's with two toss ups. Can we win either of the two Cock friends? Make me excited for the fall!

Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote