Thread: Pankake
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Pankake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph/JDCock View Post
I saw some pretty critical comments RE: Pankake yesterday in the game thread, particularly that he doesn't show up to play in SEC games. I thought he had had a pretty good season thus far, so I went back and checked his stats. If I added up everything right, he's batting .284 in SEC play with 8 walks to go along with 27 combined runs/RBI.

Coming into the Auburn series, which was about the time he injured his hamstring, he was batting .356 in SEC play with 7 walks and 24 runs/RBI (which includes going 14 for 36, .389, against Florida, Ole Miss and Kentucky). His only bad weekend during the first five series was against Arkansas, in which he went 1 for 10 (although he didn't fare any worse than the rest of the team, which managed 3 runs all weekend). Since the injury, he has been a combined 2 for 22 against Auburn and 'Bama, but I would imagine that a bad hamstring can alter a batter's swing pretty substantially.

Anyway, it seems interesting that Pankake always seems to be "that guy" who can be a lightning rod when things aren't running perfectly smoothly for the team. He's certainly not perfect at the plate, but it seems like there has been plenty of blame to go around when the team has slumped offensively.
He always gets my blame on fielding, like i think when healthy he needs to be in left but i dont bash him on here, he is important to our success and definitely key at the plate

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote