View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re-Piping House Cost?

Long story short is that I had a pipe leak/break in the foundation and it has been determined (by 3 plumbers) that I need to do a complete re-pipe of the entire home. It has galvanized piping from many moons ago (built in 1951).

So far, I have got quotes all over the place.

One guy at $8800 (most knowledgeable and did complete walkthrough), one at $5300 (referred to me), and the first plumber out (sent by my warranty company) will do it for $5500 and knock off the $500 my warranty company will cover. However, they weren't as thorough as the rest and I feel they are taking advantage of me because of my home warranty (they don't think I am going after second opinions, etc).

Does this seem about right for a 3 bath home around 2800 sq ft? Obviously I have kitchen, hot water heater, and laundry as well.

All 3 plumbers have said they will use CPVC. I am awaiting ONE more quote from Delta Mechanical, one of the largest mechanical contractors in the nation. Due to that, I have read bad and good reviews online...but they are often the cheapest because they specialize in repiping...unlike your average plumber. They quoted me $5000 even online through e-mail...but I don't trust that, I want someone to show up.

I have had no water since Friday afternoon when the break started (and put over an inch of water on a quarter of my floor) and I'm ready to break.

Any experience with a full repiping job? If so, what did you pay?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote