Re: 2014 Toughest Opponents
Unknown at best.
History says Auburn/Florida will have sucess against us as we will be on the road. A loss against Auburn is manageable. Florida is a must-win since we can't be viewed as inferior in the SEC-E to the panel - remember next year is a playoff year. The panel will expect us to lose to Auburn and we likely will but as long as we can get to ATL with 1 loss we are in the driver seat for playoff.
That said, Auburn is off my list. My top 5.
1. Forida - MUST win. Lose and Outback/Cap 1 bowl...again.
2. aTm - Gamecocks rarely shine in opener and this isn't Vandy or ECU to rely on a 2nd half comeback. Need to come out strong aka last year against UNC.
3. ECU - sneaky let down game. With the schedule situation as is, it's impossible not to be looking forward. Gamecocks win but this should NOT be taken lightly against a very improved Pirate squad.
4. Clemson - on the road against a very motivated Dabo. Defense is there for them. Despite the last 6, the Gamecocks will need to be VERY sharp.
5. UGA - at home. UGA w/o Murray will be a ? but the rivalry is what it is. The pups always have talent.