Thread: IMAX
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material
Default IMAX

I really have no clue what makes a movie in IMAX different than your standard movie experience. Is it just a bigger screen? I've read some things where the screen is on the ceiling and you lay back in your seats...

Anyway, I guess I'm more interested in what kind of IMAX theaters are in Columbia, since I live in Sumter. If you've glanced at the Godzilla thread I started, I am eagerly anticipating that film. I keep reading in the IMDb forums where people are going to see it in IMAX 3D for the ultimate experience, so it really has me curious. However, since I'm not sure exactly what to expect, I'm worried that it's some weird way to watch the movie that's going to give me a headache or something and ruin the experience for me.

Can anyone enlighten me on what to expect should I watch the movie in IMAX? It should be noted that I have never watched a movie in 3D. Are all IMAX movies in 3D? Also, what would be the best IMAX theater in Columbia to go watch it at? I'd really appreciate any help and/or personal experiences.