View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 02:05 AM   #20
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: JOHNNY LOOK AT ME FALLING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
Yeah I guess it's different for me because I've watched every down he has played for two years but people who think Johnny can't throw from the pocket have zero idea what they are talking about. A little more development with his decision making and the kid will absolutely be a franchise quarterback. Heck, he already is.

Does he make it too hard sometimes? Sure, and his ability has always helped him out in those situations. Does he throw off his back foot occasionally? Yep, but the balls he throws are some of the prettiest and well placed balls I've ever seen. If you draft Johnny, yeah you get a bit of an attitude, but it is probably what I'm going to miss the most about him. If people get in his face he will NOT turn the other cheek. But he is an emotional leader and you will be getting that from him from day one. He's just a winner and we were very lucky to have him.

I think you are a little blinded by your aggie goggles my friend. He is quick to scramble if his first read is not there (as well as he stares down his first read quite a bit). He only get's to his 2nd read about half the time,at best, and a 3rd read is extremely rare because he usually is off and running because he knows he can rely on his legs. I personally don't see the arm strength but there have been plenty of QB's to play a long time in the league with not great arm strength.

Nobody questions his leadership or his work ethic as both are well documented but as of right now to me, he needs to sit for at least 2 years like Rodgers did for him to learn and develop. What he will be 5 years down the road is impossible for anybody to say but I would not draft him with my first round pick, much less expect him to be my franchise QB from day 1. And I have a feeling if he is THE guy from day one, he will suffer a lot of injuries or just one big one that keeps him out of a lot of games the first few years of his career.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote