Thread: ACC vs ACC
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #16
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ACC vs ACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
They just schedule it, and don't count it as a conference game. My question is why are they only at 15 teams? Are they hoping ND will eventually join them?

Spurrier told teams like BAMA/AU to schedule UT/UGA as a non conference game the years they didn't play. It would of helped getting through the SEC quicker with no cross division rivals.
ND is the 15th team in the league, except in football. ND agreed to play like 5 ACC teams a year in football, to qualify for ACC bowl slots but won't be an full member. It is similar to what they did with the Big East.

I actually have no problem with leagues doing this. I think the SEC should do this rather than the 9 game conference schedule. Let teams who have rivalries or are in close proximity and want to save money, play every year. At the end of the day, it is likely to be a more enjoyable game for the fans than some random FCS school or a low FBS school.