View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie View Post
Watching last nights game was nerve wracking, even all the way out here in Seattle is where i live now, but i do want to say our pitchers are giving away stolen bases like candy. Last nights announcer was spot on everytime they got a man on base they would steal, we need to do a better job of hiding our delivery to the plate, also GG was not his normal self behind the dish, but he did a great job with what he was given, the pitchers need to stop bouncing the ball into is chest so he can have a clean throw to second base, he is by far an elite catcher at 6'5" and that is unreal on how he handles the entire staff, I think we got away with one last night, (we can play better), the guy going for Vandy today is a stud, look at that era 0.98, dam that is scary good, but we have to let him throw deeper into the count, and be patient let him make mistakes in the strike zone, hopefully we can pull this series out, a national super regional seed is up for grabs for both of these teams, we have to forget about last night and worry about today, Lets go Cocks, we need your "A" game this weekend, man I miss living in South Carolina.
Yep, it didn't seem like we were throwing over to first hardly at all for as often as they were stealing. Maybe Jerry didn't want to throw off Monty's routine too much, but we can't just give them second base all night. They were 5 for 7 on sbs. That's 71%! Ouch! and the 2 we caught were damn close to being safe. Gotta do a better job tonight.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote