View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Lattimore statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
George Rogers won a Heisman and doesn't have a statue, Tommy Suggs won an ACC Championship and doesn't have a statue. Lattimore never played a full season so his full potential was never reached but just because a player is popular doesn't not merit a statue. His name is on the Concourse of Champions for his TD records which is appropriate but he hasn't earned a sign on the 4 Towers much less a statue. This constant yearly praise of recent players as are these players the best ever needs to stop. Just as it wasn't long after Connor Shaw's final game ended he was called the best QB in USC history, well what about Suggs, Ellis, Tanneyhill, Mitchell, Garcia each have accomplishments that seperates them apart, they are great in their own right but until someone not named Big George Rogers wins a Heisman he is the greatest Gamecock player of all time.
Well, from my standpoint, Marcus has done more for this University than any of the people you mentioned. Yeh Rodgers won a Heisman, Suggs an ACC, but neither of them did what Lattimore has done for this program. Lattimore almost single handidly changed the atmosphere of South Carolina football.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote