View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Strange Rules and Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I think it's weird that during a FG a holder can be on a knee, catch the snap and then get up and throw a pass. Seems like they would be ruled down. I know it's the rule but it's just kinda weird.
I halfway agree. If the player is serving only as the holder for a kick, then he should be allowed to have the knee down without being called down, but if his role changes (very obviously not just holding the ball), then I think he should have to pick his knee up before receiving the ball. QBs aren't allowed to receive a snap with one knee down and do anything with the ball, so why is the holder?