View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Strange Rules and Penalties

Quote:
And for both college and pro ball, I wish they would get rid of automatic first downs due to a penalty when the penalty yardage wouldn't be enough to give the offense the first down.
In HS football, there is no automatic first down for PI. Depending on the severity of the foul, I belivee it is warranted in some cases.

Quote:
It just doesn't make sense to me that a team could be backed way up (something like 3rd and 25), the defense gets called for a penalty like defensive holding or even a personal foul, and the offense gets a free first down

PF fouls are usually safety fouls and therefore meant to help reduce unnecessary injuries.

Quote:
I remember a few years back UGA and UT were playing in Knoxville, and UGA ended up in 3rd and 57. If UT had been called for one of the penalties in question, then UGA would've been bailed out even though their own penalties put them in the situation. How would that make sense to say one penalty is worse than all the ones the other team had? Here's the video:

That is why you coach them not to do anything stupid

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote