View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fighting a "Rolled Through Stop Sign" Ticket. Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
About an hour ago on my way home, I pass through a 4-way stop that I go through every single day. I'm a pretty cautious driver because something serious would affect my employment and I don't speed because I don't believe it gets you anywhere significantly faster. Never had a citation in my life before.

At any rate, there was a moped in front of me as I approached the stop sign. The moped scooted about 2 lengths of the moped in front of me and came to a stop while I came up behind him and stopped (at the actual line) then crept forward looking left and right then cross the intersection.

After 30 seconds, I heard a siren and noticed the lights behind me. A 4'7" lady policewoman tells me I rolled through the stop sign and asked if I was distracted on in a hurry, which I was not. I told her I'm certain I stopped and have never been issued a traffic violation in my life and that I go through that intersection 2 times a day. She issued a $153 citation.

Do I have any chance in hell of fighting this in court or just pay up? It's only $153, but I can find a lot of other things to throw that cash at.

Any thing I should do to prepare myself in fighting it? Photos of intersection? Check to see if line is well painted? Obstructed at all?

Or am I pissing my time away and the one wearing the badge is always going to be right?
Well you can do a few things. First of all, how many notes did she write down on the ticket? Are they pretty sparse?