View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: From The Desk Of Ray Tanner, May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
I don't think he was referring to just a hire. In terms of developing our athletic department and making moves to expand/upgrade our facilities, C2 is right. He's keeping Hyman's plan rolling. which is completely fine because there's a lot of developments already in place. I think Ray Tanner made the right move to jump into the athletic director position at the time he did because there's really nothing he needs to make happen immediately. Just follow through with the master plan and make sure nothing goes wrong. I think we're at least 2 years away from any new developments. Maybe there will be more discussion about alcohol being sold at WB, but other than that Tanner is sitting in a comfortable situation.
I don't think Tanner is sitting in a comfortable position at all. You have the spectre of replacing Spurrier looming. You have the unenviable task of trying to make sure Dawn Staley is wrapped up for years. You have a hot head BBall coach, and a weak program. The baseball program you birthed doesnt have an identity. There's plenty to keep Ray up at night, especially because these things have to be anticipated even if they are 2, 3, 4 yrs down the road. The man at the precipice of success has to worry about the eventual descent.