View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2016 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
Initially it appears to me that we are selling out to get Julian Green, and I don't like the sacrifice we just made.
Disagree. Donovan was only going to make it as a forward. Those were the guidelines laid out at the beginning of camp. He wasn't going as a midfielder. Are out striking options better without Donovan? Hard to say. However, benefit of doubt to Klinsmann and the coaches on this decision based on what they see in camp.

Team is still solid without LD and with Bradley, Howard, and Dempsey, leadership situation will be fine. Would I have liked LD to go? Sure but was he going to play? If not, what is his purpose and is the team better off with another play at a forward position. Coaches think yes.

I don't think this decision had anything to do with Green at all.