View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #10
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material
Default Re: I am afraid of heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
I'm afraid of bridges. Over the weekend I was driving with my father and my niece home from Kentucky and had to drive over a temporary bridge that was about 300 feet off the river and I almost had to stop the car. The bridge was down to one lane in both directions and was very bouncy and bumpy. I had cold sweats and was on the verge of a panic attack by the time the bridge was over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I can understand how you feel, every time I drive over the bridge in Charleston. I feel like I have shortness of breath, my hands get sweaty on the steering wheel and I keep thinking in my head the bridge will collapse. I know logically it most likely will not, but that doesn't help any.
I am terribly, terribly afraid of heights. My body feels as if it is shutting down in certain situations. I was driving over the bridge to get from Savannah to Hilton Head last weekend and had a similar experience to both of these. Not that I felt the bridge would collapse...but I had a hard time driving the car straight. It has gotten worse as I've gotten older too. I can fly in planes ok but flying into Key West a few years ago was a butt-puckering experience.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote