View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 12:49 AM   #18
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4500
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material
Default Re: I am afraid of heights.

I read once that they have troopers stationed at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to help people get across when they freeze up and stop.
I almost died in a wreck on a bridge and still occasionally get nervous when crossing a high one. I have recurring nightmares of bridges collapsing when I'm on them.
As to acrophobia I have that also. I once had a job that involved training people to use high lifts and scaffolds but was able to push through and do it. All the ironworkers that walked the beams would always say after 15 feet it doesn't matter anyway.
I'm not sure that it's something you ever overcome maybe hypnotism might work, but that's not something I would be willing to let anybody do.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote