View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Riley Ferguson leaving Tennessee

Jones per VQ.
Quote:
"Based on our recent conversations, I do not anticipate him (Ferguson) to be a member of our football family moving forward," Jones told VolQuest.com here at the Southeastern Conference's annual spring meetings.
A little background. Riley was 2nd/3rd on our depth chart coming out of the spring. He was widely regarded as the QB on our roster with the most "arm talent". He had a work ethic problem and was a Dooley recruit Butch inherited when he took over Dec 2012.

I was leading the Riley train in early March.

But after watchin Riley look lost as hell in the Spring Game and Worley look very efficient and Dobbs showing flashes of possibly developing into a really good QB, I was quickly changing my mind.

This is def not a good thing, though. It would have been great if Riley was on board with continuing to work and develop and possibly push Dobbs to be their best going into 2015. Instead he wanted the QB job handed to him and just staight up got outworked by Justin and Josh.

It is too bad, looks like he may be Tyler Bray Jr. and Butch doesn't want a guy like that leading his program if he won't put in the work.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote