View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #12
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Riley Ferguson leaving Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I was listening to talk radio this morning here in East TN about this....it seems like Ferguson was not putting in the time necessary to excel. He did not rehab his injuries last year as well as he should have and this summer he elected to skip several things including a trip to California to work with that QB guru while Dobbs and Worley went out there. It sounds like the kid was who Jones thought would be starting this year by the end of the month of August but his lack of work ethic has left him looking elsewhere. IMO, it is not a huge loss for UT at this point unless they can not protect their QB and Worley and or Dobbs goes down.

On a side note, it sounds like Dobbs has done a good job of bulking up this off season and has put on some much needed weight to be able to be a full time starter in the SEC. IMO, this all will make Worley the starter against Utah St but I would not be surprised to see Dobbs get meaningful time in that game and or the Arkansas St game to solidify the starter heading into SEC action.

BTW for those who don't think this matters to USC fans, just remember UT beat us last year and we always struggle against them so instability and a short bench for UT at QB is pretty good for us...espeically when we play them in late October.
Yea I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

The really scary thing is the thoughts of only having Dobbs and True Freshman in 2015...the year we are building towards being a legit team again. Putting a lot of eggs in Josh's basket.

Sorry for the worthless post to the rest of you, thought this was a pretty big development against a team yall play every year.
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote