View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Dogs running free in my neighborhood.

I've lived in my current home for exactly one year now. Ever since we moved in a year ago, we noticed a group of three medium-sized dogs roaming freely throughout the neighborhood. The dogs once came into my yard and destroyed something (nothing major or expensive at all), so that prompted me to put up a few signs in the neighborhood asking whoever owns the dogs to secure their pets.

That seemed to work for roughly a month, but eventually, the dogs were allowed to have freedom again. As a dog lover myself, I wouldn't really mind it too much IF my family and I could "get to know" the dogs, but the dogs are not friendly, have chased me and my son while we were riding our bikes, and if I call to them and take even one step, they will growl or bark and then run away from me.

I feel like these dogs are a threat to my son, because I'm not convinced an 8-year old boy will command the same respect/fear from the dogs I do. And since I noticed the people just got another dog they also allow to roam (much younger and smaller, but will be about the same size I think), I finally decided to call animal control about it, because these people are simply growing the pack of dogs without thinking of the potential problems the dogs cause.

The problem is, I feel a little guilty about it, because the dogs all do have collars, so I know they belong to someone who lives nearby, and I would hate to lose my dog, but I make sure my dog is either on the leash or on his runner when he is outside. I just wish these people would do the same. I did put up another set of signs, but nothing ever came of them except them being torn down by someone.

Should I feel guilty about it, or did I do the right thing?