View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Our Linebackers and Defense this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I thought Holloman and Golightly both played Spur last year?
Nope...Holloman was part of the LB depth and started 3 gms. He made up the depth with Lewis (10 starts), Roberts (9 starts) and Moore (4 starts) for the position's 26 total starts. Golightly started 12 of the 13 gms at SPUR last season, with Diggs getting one start.

USC has lost a lot of defensive players over the last 4 seasons: lost Taylor, Swearinger, Holloman, Jerideau, and the entire LB 2-deep before last season; lost Ingram, Gilmore (2 1st-rd. picks), Robertson, Allen, and both Whitlock and Markett at the other CB spot opposite Gilmore before 2012; lost Matthews, Ajiboye, and Culliver before 2011...

Had Clowney had another 25-TFL, 15-sack season last season, I'd be more concerned. Opponents keyed on eliminating Clowney last season, and won't have him as a chief target this season. But by keying on him last season, it forced others to step up and try to carry the slack, and I think that will help our DL this coming season adjust more quickly to not having him to lead the way on the field...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote