View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #13
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit
Default Re: Our Linebackers and Defense this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I see a lot of posts in a lot of different threads here lately where everyone is literally ready to jump off a building because they believe our defense is going to be horrible this year.

My question to all of you, who are down on the D line, crying about the CB situation, Do you guys even remember watching our LB's last year?

It seems that everyone has forgotten who Skai Moore is, who Lewis is, etc. Our spur is in great hands with TJ Holloman. I don't understand why people are thinking we will go 7-5, or 6-6 when we are returning what could be the best LB core in the SEC. Sure we will have some freshmen at CB, but we had plenty at LB last year.

As for the D Line, everyone is freaking out about that, to which I say, it is not like any of these players have never played in a major college game before. The Dixon Brothers had plenty of playing time last year, and at times the games where Clowney was out, they did a damn good job, so why the worry guys?

This year will be a replay of last year. The D will struggle the first 5 or 6 games until our youth comes together. Our LBs and DTs and Safeties will be the strength of this team. It is DEs and CBs where we will have growing pains although I caveat that with Darrius English getting bigger and if Bryson stays at CB. If English comes on or Jhaustin Thomas gets in and becomes a baller, the D may be better faster than we think. Bottom line is that O will have to win the first 6 games before the D. Can do it. Same as last year. Our losses at UGa and UT were on the O in my opinion.. Still think 11-2 is real and wins the east this year.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote