View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you non-soccer fans.

Nope. I support Klinsmann's decisions. He's absolutely right about American athlete's / medias sense of entitlement.

First of all...The media is creating all this "drama"

Quote:
“This always happens in America,” Klinsmann told me, waving his hands in the air. “Kobe Bryant, for example — why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?”
--I would read that as why d you pay an athlete for what has happened when you already paid him for it.

Quote:
Landon Donovan—the media thinks he's untouchable. The media thinks he has to be in the starting lineup or he has to be in Brazil based on what he did, and he did marvelous for soccer in the United States over the last 12, 14 years.

That's not how it works. I have to choose the best 23 players based on what I see today.
-JK
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote