View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you non-soccer fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
I saw somewhere that if we can beat Ghana and draw with Portugal and Portugal lose to Germany, then we could basically crawl out of the group stage, despite how we do against Germany.
It's fascinating really.

I expect Germany to finish tops of the group BUT I think USA draws with them.

Germany, again, is overhyped and pretty dinged up.
Portugal is a one man show, essentially, they are talented but definitely not a top 5 World team.
Ghana is dangerous but beatable...I think Nigeria is slightly better and we played very well and won.

We need 1 win and ALL the pressure is on Germany and Portugal. it's great. Germany starts off with Portugal and we start with Ghana. We get a win and we could draw twice and advance. Mathematically speaking 5 points or more and you COULD wind up in a tiebreaker scenario which is, I think, goal differential---need to recheck my info....so HOPE for a tie and 2 wins and we're through, regardless...2 ties and a win is a maybe.
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote