View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Football as World Cup Teams

I thought the comparison wasn't good at all. I would compare Alabama to Brazil.

Portugal and Florida is a horrible comparison. Portugal is a recent success due to Ronaldo. Florida has been successful for a long time. Portugal have never won anything even though they have gone far in the Euros. I would say A&M and Portugal are a much better comparison - Portugal now plays with the big boys, have won nothing, and the comparison to Manziel to Ronaldo is fair (both in ego and talent).

Argentina is more like LSU - abundance of talent, some success, but a bit Jekyll and Hyde.

England and Georgia comparison is a good one. So is Belgium and South Carolina - great talent, some very good seasons, but no championships - yet.

Florida and Germany may be a better comparison. Florida always has a good defense and are fundamentally sound. It's been a number of years since Germany won any title - 1996, the same year UF won the national title. Florida is fundamentally sound but Germany's style of play is much more exciting. I'm not sure there is a good comparison to Germany. Possibly Auburn.

USA is a tough one. I'm not sure there is a good comparison. Maybe Missouri? An up and coming team with talent but still trying to prove themselves with the big boys.