View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #11
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had

It has been many years ago, but I had about three different bouts of the classic "sleep paralysis".

For anyone not familiar with the sensation, it is difficult to explain, however, I was both asleep and awake at the same time. i don't recall what I had been dreaming about, but I was suddenly aware that I was in fact dreaming. I think they call that lucid dreaming.

Soon after, I tried to wake up but was unable. What made it so panic like was not only could I not wake up, I could not move any muscle in my body, no matter how hard I tried. It felt like there was a tremendous weight on my chest, too, making it tough to breath. I believe that might be part of the old "hag dreams" you sometimes hear about. It must be similar to what some people feel in a panic attack, although I have never had one of those. Felt totally helpless, and I reckon I was.

This sensation lasted several minutes and I even realized, what was happening, but it still is a very scary feeling, quite aware of the normal sounds in the physical world. I had to remind myself that while this is somewhat rare, it is nothing really dangerous. Eventually, obviously, I woke up fully, and was no worse for the wear after gathering my senses and calming down.

Don't know what caused it, other than it may have been trigger from the lucid dream state. Luckily, the last one I had has been at least 25 years ago. Hope I never have another.